Monday, March 7, 2011

Mr. Stripey!


GARDEN DAY!!
Oh ya, it was garden day yesterday! I had to go to 3 nurseries to find tomato plants. What's that about? The Home Depot by us is a scary place, I didn't really want to go alone but they had lots and lots of tomatoes, so in I went. I picked up 2 Early Girl, 2 Baby Red and a Mr. Stripey. I am very hopeful about Mr. Stripey. Seems like a very cool looking and tasting one. We will see...I also planted lettuce, radishes, strawberries, Mandarin orange, several herbs and wildflowers. My aunt send me some Maine tomatoes, hopefully they will grow here as well as they grew for her, she has a VERY green thumb! I am very tired today! Had to haul a very large bag of dirt up the back stairs. Looking forward to this years variety of fruit, vegies and flowers for our table. My overall goal is to be able to use the herbs in our garden and not have to buy them. Maybe a lofty goal, as always, keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment